|Class of member||Full year
|Member aged under 21||£12.50
New members can join for a part-year at a fee agreed with the Assistant Treasurer.
Payments in £ sterling to BCPS. Bank drafts to be drawn on a bank in Great Britain. Alternatively pay by transfer or standing order to BCPS Acc. with
- Nat. West Bank, 31 Promenade, Cheltenham GL50 1LH (Bank Identifier Code [BIC]: NWBK GB 2L, International Bank Account No. (IBAN): GB 23 NWBK 6005 1624 3225 20
Bank charges can be spread by payment for 2 or more years at a time. Advise the Treasurer if sending money by bank CHAPS transfer or by PayPal (see below).
Payment receipt date will be on the label of envelopes containing magazines, after the last two digits of the year for which the member has subscribed.
Members can subscribe by payment to the BCPS, per calendar year with airmail delivery, to:
- US quarterly magazine StrateGems: £25, Fellows £31.
- Membership of the German Society Die Schwalbe: £30, Fellows £60.
Membership enquiries, notification of change of address, resignation, or claim for issue not received should be made to the Secretary (Christopher Jones) via the 'Contact' menu item on the left or by post to him at 11 Severn Grange, Ison Hill Road, Bristol, BS10 7QA, Great Britain. Cheques for subscriptions, made out to 'British Chess Problem Society', should be made to that address. Payments may be made to the Society's PayPal account at
– please indicate purpose in message field.
DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998
The British Chess Problem Society holds personal information (e.g. names and addresses)
which is processed for purposes which include the provision and administration of services
and activities for members, participants and others who have regular contact with the Society.
The information is handled in accordance with the data protection principles set out in the
For the purposes of the 1998 Act:
- the data controller is the British Chess Problem Society;
- the nominated representative is the Treasurer of the BCPS for the time being.